Addressing the challenges in the hotel industry requires understanding of the needs of its customers and what they value during their stay … and for customers flying in: upon their arrival at the airport and departure from the hotel to the airport.
There are a lot of types of customers… but addressing or optimizing the experience of only one type won’t cut it… the whole entirety of types of customers must be optimized.
Seda hotel’s management, leadership, and staff must understand their larger aim… the whole… not in parts.
Their aim is on its name … Seda. To provide smooth and luxurious experience to its customers. A member of the concierge staff at Seda told us this, in fact, when we asked “Why is this hotel called Seda? What is Seda?“.
This is Systems Thinking applied at the hotel and by their people.
Let me tell you some of the smooth and luxurious experience we got — we stayed in one of their Luxury Suites — from Seda, BGC.
- Pick up to and from the airport
- Luxurious Suites
- Great City views
- Swimming area is awesome — out in the open
- Unlimited bottled water
- Courteous and respectful staff
- Great breakfast
- Sumptuous lunch
- Great afternoon tea
- Evening cocktails
- Great rooftop area to eat, drink, and be merry
- If you need or want something reasonable, they will get it for you, ASAP.
- The laundry service was great.
- Great concierge and staff. They can get a grab ride for you! Grab replaced Uber in the Philippines.
- Luggage held for free! This allowed us to explore faraway places with just 4 of our 11 luggages… leaving Seda for several days … then back to Seda… then leave Seda again for several more days… then back to Seda again…
Key idea: Apply Systems Thinking. Holistic Thinking. The whole is more than merely the sum of its parts. Seda was designed to work as a whole system with its parts working together as one unit to holistically deliver value in the hands of the customer.
We’ve had repeat stays at Seda…and we’ve observed that they’ve delivered smooth services every time. Very predictable.
Teams and ARTs … be like Seda! Be optimized as a whole… holistically delivering value in the hands of the customer in an exceptionally smooth and predictable way.
There are many other ideas like this — short but sweet ideas — in my new book, ‘SAFe (6.0) Is like …’ . It is available on Amazon… and it has reached ‘# 1 New Release’ several times! Check it out.